*This post may contain affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog! Click here for more info. I am also part of the LN Promo Team. I receive compensation for promoting this pattern, but all opinions stated in this post are 100% honest and my own*
Hello sewing friends! I’m back today to share another amazing pattern that just released from Love Notions – the Ladies Tidal Top & Dress! This is such an amazing wardrobe builder with the variety of options included. I especially love the princess seams in the front that allow for some super fun fabric pairings, AND they are very figure flattering! The pattern includes 3 length options – top, knee-length dress, and maxi dress. There are also options included for tank, sleeveless, and short sleeves. The front features a nice rounded scoop neck, and the back has an optional center seam that allows for a better fit with less-than-drapey fabrics. Tami has really thought of everything and put so much work into drafting and testing to make sure this pattern is perfect!
Here’s the nitty gritty for the Ladies Tidal Top & Dress:
- Sizes XS-XXXL (full bust 33″-49.5″)
- Top, Knee-Length Dress, Maxi Dress
- Tank, Sleeveless, Short Sleeve
- Front Princess Seams
- Scoop Neck
- Optional back center seam
I must say that I’m really excited to have a fun & comfortable dress to wear all summer! I also have a top cut out & ready to sew, but didn’t end up having time to get it put together before the release! Next on my list will be a maxi dress. My friend Tami over at Sew Sophie Lynn made an amazing maxi dress (also in stripes!) and now I must have one! I just love how dressed up it can look, while still being super comfortable.
For the sides/back & sleeves, I used this black/white striped knit from Joann. The center panel is a fabric I picked up during Girl Charlee’s Black Friday Sale last year. It was called Stretch Denim, but just feels like a medium weight jegging-ish knit? It’s a little weird, haha! It’s a little stiffer than the recommended fabrics, but I liked it with the black/white stripes, so I went for it! I checked Girl Charlee and it doesn’t look like that fabric is available anymore.
All-around, I just love this dress! It’s flattering, comfortable, a quick-sew, and well-drafted! I know I’ve already mentioned how great Love Notions patterns are, but I’ll give you a quick recap of why I love them so much!
- Clickable links within the PDF that will take you to different pages or sections of the file, making navigation of the tutorial a breeze
- There are also many tips included on sewing with knits, and some really valuable information about fitting and blending sizes
- There are troubleshooting tips if you are having fit issues
- There is a page printing guide which will tell you exactly which pages to print for the options you choose, so you can save paper and ink by not printing the pages you don’t need!
- The pattern pages are layered and trimless
- Copy shop version included that you can send to your local printer and have it printed on a single 36″ x 90″ page. *Make sure to have them print B&W & 100% scale.
- When you shop the Love Notions website, you earn reward points that can be applied to future purchases. Score!
This is an extra fun weekend for a pattern release since it’s Memorial Day weekend! Instead of just the new pattern on sale, every individual pattern in the shop is on sale! Which means that I give you full permission to stock up on all of the patterns you need! 😉
If you’re not already a member of the Love Notions Pattern Support group on Facebook, go join it now! It is an amazing community where you can find inspiration and help with Love Notions patterns, and also an amazing coupon code just for members for one of my favorite shirt patterns ever – the Laundry Day Tee!
Go grab yourself some amazing patterns and do some Memorial Day weekend sewing!